SIKO Gegenaktionen München

Meldungen (Feeds)

Nato: Solidarität mit Ankara

Hintergrund.de - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 17:34

(28.07.2015/hg/dpa)

Der türkische Staatspräsident Recep Tayyip Erdogan hat den Friedensprozess mit den Kurden für beendet erklärt. "Es ist nicht möglich, einen Lösungsprozess fortzuführen mit denjenigen, die die Einheit und Integrität der Türkei untergraben", sagte er am Dienstag in Ankara. Zeitgleich bekräftigte die Nato nach einem Sondertreffen aller 28 Botschafter in Brüssel ihre Solidarität mit dem Bündnispartner Türkei im Kampf gegen den IS-Terrorismus.

"Terrorismus stellt eine direkte Gefahr für die Sicherheit der Nato-Staaten dar", heißt es in einer gemeinsamen Erklärung der westlichen Militärallianz. "Wir werden die Entwicklung an der südöstlichen Grenze der Nato sehr genau verfolgen." Die Regierung in Ankara hatte die Brüsseler

Weiterlesen...

After 2 Years, White House Finally Responds to Snowden Pardon Petition – With a “No”

The Intercept - Engl. - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 17:11

The White House on Tuesday ended two years of ignoring a hugely popular whitehouse.gov petition calling for NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden to be “immediately issued a full, free, and absolute pardon,” saying thanks for signing, but no.

“We live in a dangerous world,” Lisa Monaco, President Obama’s advisor on homeland security and terrorism, said in a statement.

More than 167,000 people signed the petition, which surpassed the 100,000 signatures that the White House’s “We the People” website said would garner a guaranteed response on June 24, 2013.

In Tuesday’s response, the White House acknowledged that “This is an issue that many Americans feel strongly about.”

Monaco then explained her position: “Instead of constructively addressing these issues, Mr. Snowden’s dangerous decision to steal and disclose classified information had severe consequences for the security of our country and the people who work day in and day out to protect it.”

Snowden didn’t actually disclose any classified information – news organizations including the Guardian, Washington Post, New York Times and The Intercept did the disclosing. And the Obama administration has yet to specify any “severe consequences” that can be independently confirmed.

Echoing the views of the most hardline Snowden critics, Monaco continued: “If he felt his actions were consistent with civil disobedience, then he should do what those who have taken issue with their own government do: Challenge it, speak out, engage in a constructive act of protest, and — importantly — accept the consequences of his actions. He should come home to the United States, and be judged by a jury of his peers — not hide behind the cover of an authoritarian regime. Right now, he’s running away from the consequences of his actions.”

Intercept founding editor Glenn Greenwald, one of the journalists to whom Snowden entrusted his archive, has frequently responded to that argument, noting that Snowden is willing to accept the legal consequences of his acts – but, were he to come home under the current circumstances, would be barred under the draconian Espionage Act from publicly arguing that his leaks were justified.

The Snowden response was one of 20 responses to what the White House called “our We the People backlog.” The White House had been criticized for avoiding uncomfortable topics despite their popular support.

On Twitter, the response to the Snowden response, some from signers of the petition, was highly critical:

The post After 2 Years, White House Finally Responds to Snowden Pardon Petition – With a “No” appeared first on The Intercept.

Gemeinnützigkeit sichern

IMI Tübingen - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 16:12
In Berlin ist jüngst eine Allianz ins Leben gerufen worden, die sich dem Problem der Gemeinnützigkeit widmen will und mit konkreten Forderungen und Vorschlägen an die Politik und Behörden treten wird. Ziel ist es, vor allem die Unsicherheit zu beseitigen, (…)

Read the rest of this entry »

Local Governments Increasingly Poking Through Your Garbage

The Intercept - Engl. - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 15:47

Civil libertarians are worried about an increasingly common form of domestic surveillance that has nothing to do with listening to your phone calls or reading your emails; it has to do with looking through your garbage.

Municipalities across the United States are implementing intrusive methods of monitoring the stuff people throw away as part of a push to increase efficiency and conformity to recycling rules. But the end result is that some garbage trucks now have the ability to record the contents of your trash cans on video to inspect each object.

“This kind of automated garbage monitoring raises very serious privacy concerns,” the American Civil Liberties Union warned in a press release on Friday. “While encouraging residents to recycle is commendable, any program involving the government’s systematic monitoring of citizens crosses a line. The contents of your trash can be surprisingly revealing.”

Residents in several Wisconsin cities are already subject to the new video monitoring practice. In Seattle, where garbage men can visually inspect garbage and levy fines on bad recyclers, residents are suing the city for violating their privacy.

There are also digital methods of tracking people’s garbage. In some cities, trash cans are monitored with RFID devices (Radio-Frequency Identification); the chips are attached to the bins, so that computers inside trash trucks can determine and record their movements. In Charlotte, N. C., collectors monitor the chips to “track and manage cart inventory,” and determine who is actually putting their recycling bin out on the curb. Dayton, Ohio, has been tracking trash can locations since 2010, and residents who recycle are eligible for a cash prize. In Cleveland, if the chip shows a recyclable cart hasn’t been brought to the curb in weeks, a trash supervisor can sort through the trash and impose a $100 fine if the regular trash has more than 10 percent recyclable material — although no fines have yet been levvied.

Police have used trash to gather evidence on suspects for years. In a 2010 issue of Police Chief, a trade magazine for law enforcement, one article urges officers to use trash cans that are “moved from a house and to the street for disposal” as “fair game for anyone — even the police — to take it away for inspection.” The authors of the article suggest that people very often leave behind incriminating evidence in their trash unsuspectingly, and have no reasonable expectation of privacy once the trash hits the curb.

If law enforcement officers could access the garbage truck cameras, they would not even have to visit the property and seize the trash.

According to Sonia Roubini, who researched the trash surveillance programs for the ACLU by compiling news articles about the programs, most cities contract with large companies to acquire bins, garbage trucks, and sometimes the cameras or RFID chips. She said she was surprised at how few reports about the programs expressed any sort of concern for privacy. “Most of the reporting that I found on RFID usage in trash collection were either praising programs for their innovative approach to encouraging recycling, or very briefly alluding to the potential privacy implications,” she wrote in an email.

According to a study ordered by a European Commission in 2012, the “barriers” to using RFID chips include the “need for a regulatory framework regarding security and privacy issues.” The authors cautioned that people might even stop using legitimate waste services because of privacy concerns, or an unwillingness to pay fines.

But in the U.S., it’s full steam ahead on trash surveillance. “It’s very crazy,” says Roubini. “Also not entirely surprising given the prevalence of surveillance technologies. Nothing is safe, not even our trash.”

The post Local Governments Increasingly Poking Through Your Garbage appeared first on The Intercept.

Abschiebungsstop der Familie Gasi!!!

Indymedia antimil - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 11:48
von: Antira Dessau am: 28.07.2015 - 11:48

Sehr geheerten Damen und Herren,
Ich bitte sie um ihre Hilfe eine 6 köpfige Familie zu unterstützen.Die Familie hat 4 Kinder. Im Alter von 2-8 Jahren.Ein Kind ist leider geistlich Behindert und Diabetiker. Das andere leidet unter Epilepsie. Die Mutter ist physisch krank.Der Vater hat einen Arbeitsvertrag aber die Ausländerbehörde genehmigt dies nicht. Er will seine eigne Familie versorgen und nicht vom Staat leben! In sein Land arbeitet er für einen 10 Stunden für 8 Euro. Die Medizinische Versorgung für die Kinder gibts ja. Aber keine Krankenkassenversicherung. Wenn man zum Arzt muss brauch mal Geld.Die Medikamente würden mehr als den Tageslohn des Vaters kosten. Eine Sozialversicherung gibts nicht. Die Medizinische Versorgung für die Kinder würde er nie leisten können wenn er abgeschoben wird. Eins der Kinder hat ein ärztliches Attest was besagt das er nicht reisefähig ist aber trotztdem will die Ausländerbehörde ihn abschieben. Wir bitten ihre Hilfe !

Kriegsvorbereitungen als „friedensstiftende Maßnahmen“

Hintergrund.de - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 11:34

Aufrüstung und Manöver. Russland im Fokus westlicher Provokationen –

Ein Kommentar von WOLFGANG BITTNER, 28. Juli 2015 –  

Am 20. Mai 2015 ließ der ukrainische Staatspräsident Petro Poroschenko – die Hardliner der westlichen Allianz im Rücken – die Weltöffentlichkeit wissen: „Wir sind in einem echten Krieg mit Russland“ und er warnte in einem Interview vor einer „weiteren russischen Offensive. (1) Zum Glück wurde diese Kriegserklärung von russischer Seite ignoriert.

Dennoch erklärte der von NATO-Manövern in seinem Land begeisterte polnische Verteidigungsminister Tomasz Siemoniak wenig später: „Die Periode des Friedens in Europa ist Vergangenheit.“ (2) Vorher hatten die drei baltischen Staaten schon eine dauerhafte

Weiterlesen...

NSA Will Destroy 14 Years of Archived Metadata When Program Stops

The Intercept - Engl. - Mar, 28/07/2015 - 01:34

Four months from now, at the same time that the National Security Agency finally abandons the massive domestic telephone dragnet exposed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, it will also stop perusing the vast archive of data that’s been collected by the program over the years.

The NSA announced on Monday that it will expunge all the telephone metadata it previously swept up citing Section 215 of the U.S.A Patriot Act.

The program was ruled illegal by a federal appeals court in May. In June, Congress voted to end the program, but gave the NSA until the end of November to phase it out.

The historical metadata – 14 years of records of American phone calls showing who called who, when, and for how long – will be put out of the reach of analysts on November 29, although technical personnel will have access for three more months.

The only possible hold-up, ironically, would be if any of the civil lawsuits prompted by the program prohibit the destruction of the data.

“The telephony metadata” will be “preserved solely because of preservation obligations in pending civil litigation,” the Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced. “As soon as possible, NSA will destroy the Section 215 bulk telephony metadata upon expiration of its litigation preservation obligations.”

ACLU staff attorney Alex Abdo told The Intercept his organization is “pleased that the NSA intends to purge the call records it has collected illegally.” But, he added: “Even with today’s pledge, the devil may be in the details.”

Photo: Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

 

The post NSA Will Destroy 14 Years of Archived Metadata When Program Stops appeared first on The Intercept.

Pagine

Subscribe to sicherheitskonferenz.de  |  security-conference.de aggregatore